Frequently Asked Questions
- Q: After Installation, the smart lock unlocks when I lock the door and/or auto unlocks after 30 seconds.
- What kind of batteries should I use?
A: Only use AA Alkaline batteries or Lithium Batteries. "Duracell" and "Energizer" are recommended. Do not mix new batteries with old batteries in the same smart lock.
- How do I setup the passcode on my PIN Genie smart lock Basic?
- Press program button at the back of the lock.
- Press 1 on the screen into “Add Passcode Mode”.
- Input your new door code of 6-8 digits.
- Press OK.
- Re-enter the door code to confirm.
- If 2 door code match, your door code will be displayed on the screen.
- Press “Y” if it is correct.
- Press “N” if it is not correct and do all the above steps again.
- How do I change the door code?
- Add your new door code. It can maximum save 8 sets of door code.
- Delete the old door code. Press the program button behind the lock.
- Press 2 on the screen into the “Delete door code mode”.
- Choose the door code you want to delete.
- Press and hold the OK button for 1 second to delete.
- Is there a specific length of the door code?
- How many door codes can be registered on a smart lock?
- Can I continue to use my key?
- What if the batteries go flat, can I still open the door?
- How do I know when to replace the batteries?
- What is the battery’s life?
- Can I adjust the sensitivity of the alarm?
- Press the program button behind the lock.
- Press 4 to enter the alarm sensitivity mode.
- There are 3 levels of sensitivity.
- 3 is the most sensitive. 2 is middle and 1 is low. You can test the sensitivity by yourself to decide which one you choose.
- Choose the level then press OK to confirm.
It depends on the alarm sensitivity you set. If it is on 3, normal kicking or hitting the lock will trigger the alarm. If it is 1 low, the alarm may only trigger if the lock is damaged.
3. How do I turn off the alarm on my smart lock?
Switch off the “alarm” button at the back of the lock.